Thursday, September 01, 2005

Rambling


Went to see "Charlie & Chocolate Factory" yesterday. Brilliant. Loved Johnny Depp so much.
Then went back to my friend's house and drank about 3 litres of Pepsi as it was 28 degrees outside and it felt like we were in Spain. Humid and hot. Lovely. Sat and talked about all sorts of things until I realised it was midnight. Whoopsie... and off home I went.

Worked half day at work and half day from home. Loads to do at the mo, but its good. Like it better that way.

Received my "dog training clicker" today so watch it puppies (well...) here I come to teach you old dogs some new tricks. Indy is already quite good at high-five as he throws his paws about as soon as you come close to him.

Oh how I love to colour my hair blonde. When you've had darker roots coming at ya for months its nice just to suffer those stingy, itchy 30 minutes to get silky smooth blonde hair again.

Tonight I will make up for a rather late night out for Steve, the poor thing. He was sitting here waiting for me to get back and to watch "Lost" together, but at 00.30 when I rumbled back in he was snoozing in bed. God I love him sometimes. So I will make lovely dinner and be all his tonight.

Had an American lady on the phone yesterday at work:
- Hiiiiii, I am caaaalling about the Hop Oooon Hop Ooooff buses in London.
- Yes certainly, how can I help?
- I am in London now and I am just wondering ...where do I go from here?
- Well whereabout in London are you?
- I DON'T KNOW (in a really patronising voice) I am in Loooondon, I don't know where I am.
- Right...well you see we have several start points in London. Are you close to any famous landmarks, parks etc?
- Yeeeah, I am close to Hyyyyyyde Park/
- Great... Ah, Excellent! In that case the nearest stop is at Marble Arch.
(phew)
The American accent just makes me laugh sometimes, they really hang on certain syllables. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, how aaaaaaaaaaaaaaare you?
Yeeeeeeeeeeeah, greeeeeeeeat.
Whereas in the UK its:
Alright, mate?
No fuss.

Realised today I need to get hold of The Sundays and Eggstone. Great summer music.

Off to get dinner started. G'day.

No comments: