Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Batman without Robin

Went to be early last night. Had just climbed into bed when I saw a small, dark shadow that swooped at me from the ceiling. What da heck? I ducked and tried to see what was coming at me and...swoop...there it was again coming at me at full speed. I dived under the duvet and screamed:
-Steve, there's a BIIIIRD IN HEERE!!
He came out from the bathroom with a toothbrush in his mouth.
-That's not a bird, that's a BAT! he calmly stated.

A bat? Holy crap. I pulled the duvet completely over my head.
Peering out I could just about make out the mouse-like body, with the typical bat-wings.
I imagined the bloodsucking teeth and its pointy ears and ... blaaaah....not nice.

Steve opened the window and the bat was doing loops in the ceiling, trying to get out.
It kept missing the window and Steve was ducking and diving trying not to get hit on the head by the bat. I on the other hand was watching the whole thing through a 2x2 cm gap.
Steve then decided to go downstairs to get some "tools" to get the bat out of the bedroom.
I stayed put in my safe haven.

After a further 15 minutes of the bat swooping round the room and Steve ducking and me just being absolutely useless, the bat finally decided to disappear and hide...
So...we waited...no bat.
A further 5 minutes... still no bat.
We decided to go to sleep, with the risk of waking up in the middle of the night with a bat on our heads. Gah, I kept waking up during the night in a cold sweat, having dreamt that the bat was sucking blood from the top of my head.

The next morning, Steve went to work early, and when I got up I saw his "Bat-Removal-Kit"
1. A step ladder
2. Two bowls (a 2 litres each)

Ok, so that's how he was intending to catch the bat.
Swivel round on the stepladder catching the bastard in between the two bowls...! Of course!
Why didn't I think of that.

Well, at least he had a plan.
I was just shitscared under the duvet.
Not used to bats at all...blaaaah, can't stand them.

Listening to Sweden-Hungary World Cup qualifier match on "Radiosporten" right now.
Vi ar gula vi ar bla Vi ar dem vi hejar pa!
Sverige Sverige Sverige
As you cheered when you were 10 years old....

No comments: