Saturday, September 10, 2005

Creep

Why do I do it? Scary films are just not meant for me.
Went round Hazel's last night to watch Dodge Ball and eat Chinese Food.
Halfway round to her house, I realise I'd left the DVD on the kitchen table and couldn't be bothered to go back for it, as I was starving.

After the usual giggle and chinwag we ordered Chinese. By mistake Hazel rang up a Pizza delivery place and asked for Spring Rolls... "what..? Spring rolls on your pizza?" So we tried another number...

Anyway, we scrolled through Sky Box Office and found "Creep".
We knew it was a bit scary and set in the London Underground etc.
Little did we know that we, from about 2 minutes into the film, would not be able to breathe, would feel sick, not dare to look at the tv screen for the next 90 minutes.
Christ. It was sick!
What director would come up with a story like that? He should be locked up.
It was unbelievably disgusting and scary and I started up sitting up in the sofa, but at the end of the film I was lying behind Hazel, rolled up as a ball, with a big cushion pressed up against my face, struggling to breathe as I was almost suffocating myself.
I was watching Hazel more than the film and she was looking panic-stricken, holding her hands to the ears and making noices as if she was being sick.

You know its not a film for you when your asking questions like from behind a cushion:
- Did the freak crush his head with his hands?
- What are those babies doing in those jars?
- Oh my god, he's had his legs bitten off, has he still got his legs????
- What a freak, ahhh run you foool, stab him with the spear, why don't you just stab him???

No, it was a really enjoyable night.. Honestly.
That Hazel had to walk me to the car is another story, and I was listening to Peter Cetera on full volume in the car. I have never been so pleased to hear the song "After All".

The words though got me thinking about you and me though Hazel.

Well, here we are again
I guess it must be fate
We've tried it on our own
But deep inside we've known
We'd be back to set things straight
Every journey always bring me back to you

After all the stops and starts
We keep coming back to these two hearts
Two angels who've been rescued from the fall

After all that we've been through
It all comes down to me and you
I guess it's meant to be
Forever you and me
After all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get to this cheap web site design website that pretty much covers cheap web site design related stuff.

You could by to check it out, when you get the time. They have good stuff!!