Sunday, February 17, 2008

A night out

Aaaah.
I feel awake and rested.

We had been invited to a hotel (http://www.milsoms-hotel.co.uk/) by two of our best friends Louise & Pierce last night, and had a babysitter booked and I was soooo looking forward to a night to ourselves and a lie-in in the morning.

15 minutes before we were about to leave Steve phone rings and there's a problem at work, and he's on call and says he has to go to work...
My heart sank and I was praying it wasn't true. He was on and off the phone to work and I was just sitting in the sofa, all ready to go with make-up and lovely looking haaaaair as I'd really made an effort and was all dressed up. Then Steve said his brother had offered to do his shift for him, which I will be forever grateful for and we owe them big style, and we could finally head up to the hotel. Thaaaaank you Ross!

About 30 minutes drive and then we were there. A house tucked away in a lovely little village. We checked in and our key was on a key-ring in the shape of a whisk! And not a small whisk, a huge one! I'd packed our overnight bag ( a sports bag) and forgotten to actually bring my handbag, so the whole night I was carrying this huge whisk around with me.

Louise who's also pregnant (oh yes, did I mention that, I am 11 weeks pregnant...!) was an excellent companion to be with, as we are both as funny about our food as eachother. We sat reading the dinner-menu for about 45 minutes...no joking. We just couldn't decide what to have. In the end, I went for sausages and bubble-and-squeak, which was stunning. We also had a small glass of rose champagne which lasted us the whole evening. Had a great evening with silly conversation and lots of laughs.
Then we all started yawning like mad at 1am and retired to our rooms.
The beds were loooovely and I slept like a bear til 9am. Aaaaahhhh.

Then up for breakfast and then time to drive home again. Its a lovely day today and the sun is shining and birds are tweeting and ooooh oohhhh ohhh I like it.

So I feel like a new woman and am now going to offer my baby-sitting services to Ross & Lorraine as they saved the night for us, I'd like them to have the same.

Time for coffee.

No comments: