Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Man-Flu" and fog

Good morning *sniff sniff splurt splurt*
Steve has given me his "man-flu", but of course I haven't got it as bad as he has. His nose is obviously more blocked than mine and his head is hurting soooo badly.
I am just feeling rotten really. But hey ho, just been out for a walk and feeling a bit more awake now. The field/garden was covered in a fog and it looked fantastic as the trees seemed to be growing out of the fog. And to add to the whole Fairytale look, a big black bird (raven, crow, big-fuckin' blackbird?) landed at the top of one of the trees. It looked sooo spooky and mysterious...

Ellen loves being in her pram, with her "crooked-finger" as we call it, her finger that points on everything and everyone. She loves plane-spotting in the sky and waves bye-bye to them all.
I am now teaching her Bye Bye Aeroplane, but that just sounds like goobledygook at the moment.

She amazes me everyday when she comes out with new words, sometimes in Swedish, sometimes in English. This morning it was "window" (maybe not as clear as that through) and "sol". Other words "flower", "ball" and "apple" (everything's an apple, anything round or fruitlike is an apple, even a small grape...).

This afternoon I am going round my sister-in-law's as it was her birthday yesterday. There will be a few children there so that's going to be nice for Ellen. And it gives me a chance to just put my feet up and chill for a while. At home I just sit and look at all the things that needs doing - and do nothing about it.

Yesterday I ordered some blinds for the annexe. As we've got guests coming in a few weeks time, we are having a major sort out in the two bedrooms out there. Had Hillary's Blinds here yesterday and went for some cream roller blinds in the blue bedroom and some very light mint green venetian blinds in the green/lilac room. Will be fitted in about 2 weeks. Great stuff.
Now I just need to get Steve to move his old milk bottles that he stores in there. There's hundreds of them...god knows where to put them.

I've also got some material to make some drapes and curtains from. Its been ordered from the internet so hopefully it looks ok when it arrives. Some kind of Faux Suede... we'll see, it might look like shite.

Got a major thing for fruit. I am sure I said that before. Peaches and Kiwis are now top of my list...

Got 3 tons of ironing to do, so better get on with it...Buhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hejsan.
Jobba inte ihjäl dej för att vi svenskar kommer. Ta det lugnt. De vill träffa er och umgås och se den engelska landsbygden. De ska ej inspektera ert hus eller er.
Just relax.