Sunday, October 09, 2005

Club Riga and Red Wine

Had a brilliant night last night, but less of a brilliant day today...! Had a few drinks in the Cricketers pub along the London Road with Sarah and Sergeant Mac.
We then rumbled on to Club Riga and saw Roy Mette and then the excellent Connie Lush, first Blues band I've ever seen live. It was mind-blowingly good. The singer was only about 5 foot, but god, her voice was unbelievable. Really enjoyed it, boogying away by the bar and some of the couples were up dancing. Such a good atmosphere.
Then staggered past the kebab shop on the way back to Sarah's flat. Back at the flat Sarah decided to give us all a night cap in the shape of a glass of red wine. That was that, Helena was officially drunk and both me and Mac got the hiccups. Great...
So around 2am I rolled into a taxi and hiccupped my way home. Was of course gibber-jabbering complete rubbish to the poor taxi driver. Poor man. Still hiccupping as I entered the house, I decided to hold my breath for as long as I could, felt like a life-time and I probably went blue...but schwisch hiccups dissappeared.

Tiptoed upstairs and must have just crashed into bed. Tried to make out I was not drunk to Steve, but I think he somehow saw through me. Might have been that I stunk of smoke and lager. So off I went to sleep.

But no... Steve woke up around 5am by the dogs barking at someone in the doorway. There was I, standing in the doorway, which I have absolutely no recollection of.
Steve asked me where I had been.
- Nowhere.
- But why are you up? Have you been sick?
- NO.
I was apparently really stroppy and angry with him.
Then I sat down on his side of the bed, on his legs.
- Ouch, you are sitting on my legs.
- NO.
- What are you up to, darling?
- NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!
- Ok ok, why are you sitting on me, why don't you go back to sleep.
- NO.
And then I'd just gone off to my side of the bed and fallen asleep again...
I cannot remember any of this. All I know is that I certainly hadn't been sick and thank god for that. But christ, I am a stroppy sleepwalker!

So today, no surprise, Helena has been slightly under the weather...Spent most of the day in bed or the sofa.

Steve and Barbac at the pub now, doing the quiz. I have just derma-sponged myself (home microdermabrasion kit) and going back to the sofa in a sec.

Nite nite

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New Editors Weblog: please re-subscribe to our RSS
The blog will change on Sunday 16 October 2005 and we hope you'll like its new functionalities.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a free submit site/blog. It pretty much covers free submit related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time, Scott :-)