Saturday, October 08, 2005

Blues and Sloe Gin

Our first attempt at making Sloe Gin. Picked about 1 kg of sloes yesterday and froze them over night. Today we got our little bottles and started preparing the sloes for the gin. Had so much fun and for some reason the dogs were drewling by the kitchen table were we sat, to get some sloes. They're not exactly tasty berries...Well they hopefully will be when our 4 bottles of Slow Gin are finished near Christmas. If this is successful then I will make Blackberry Brandy next year. Bring it on! Felt rather like an alcoholic where I stood in the queue at Somerfield at 11am with 2 litres of Gin in my basket. Noooo...I am nooot drinking it for lunch....

All ready to go out for tonight. Going out with Sergeant & Pepper (Mac & Sarah) tonight to a place in Southend to see a Blues Band. Should be good. Love live music but just haven't been to a place like that in ages. A few glasses of wine might be the plan as well. Feels crazy to go out boozing with one policewoman and one sergeant...I'd better behave myself. No slutting around! I had a shower, got dressed, felt great, looked in the mirror...hmm...I think that skirt is a little bit too short...got changed to jeans...that's better. I won't get arrested by my friends now!

Sweden-Croatia, World Cup Qualifier tonight. Go on the Swedes! Hopefully we'll win. Fingers crossed.

Had Peter-the-Electrician from work here today (yep, that IS his name). He's going to put up CCTV cameras around our house and one to cover the main room in our house (that'll be the dog cam). We'll be able to record all camera views on to a computer, and also view each of the cameras over the internet! How good is that?! I'll just keep that view as my screen-saver at work and watch the dogs destroy the house! Nah, but hopefully we'll catch some fishy people on film and I can call Sergeant Pepper to get them arrested. We'll probably just catch some foxes on tape, wandering about in the garden.

Over and out for now.
/H

No comments: