Thursday, October 18, 2007

Barry Manilow rocks the Legion


Well today, Thursday, I am feeling veeery relaxed. My neck has been hyper-painful the last week, and Monday morning I could literally not move. So off I went to the chiropractor to get it sorted out. She banned me from doing anything straining and using computers. So Wednesday when I usually work from home while Ellen's at nursery, I was simply OFF. Can you imagine! A day off! OFF! Completely, just ME, chilling....now I never thought I'd be doing that again during the day.
I didn't know what to do with myself, so I went past a Tesco Express on the way home after dropping Ellen off, and bought myself some magazines and some chocolate. Spent an hour or so just reading them and feeling more relaxed than I've done since Ellen was born. Just lovely.
My neck is much better but I am going to sign off in a minute not to over-do it.

Anyway, last weekend, was a great one. The weather was lovely to add to the loveliness. We had a babysitter booked for Saturday night and Steve & I wandered down to "down-town-Wickford" to Bar Plazma. They were showing the Rugby Semi-final on big screen and I got all the rules explained to me and got super-involved in the whole thing. England ended up beating France! Excellent evening. On the pub-crawl back from Plazmas, we stumbled into the Royal British Legion club along Runwell Road and having entered through the door, we were met by a croaky voice singing "I waaaannna laaay you dooown on a beed of roooossses"...didn't sound anything like Bon Jovi (not that I mind..) and we realized HA! Its karaoke time!!! We downed a pint and scribbled our names down on a piece of paper and off we trotted to the DJ.
10 minutes later he called: And next up is HELENA, with a bit of Barry Manilow - here's "Mandy"... And I crawled up to the microphone. So exciting actually, I thought I'd be shitting myself. But nope, good old Miss Forsvall grabben the mic and started: Iiiii remember all my liiiiiifee.....
Managed to finish the song, without any false notes and no fainting attack! Great fun! Want to do it again soon!

There, logging off now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good bye yellow brick road. Du kan inte sjunga lika bra som Helena.
She sing´s like a star, a bright star.Kram, M.