Sunday, December 31, 2006

Christmas & New Year update

Phew.

A moment to update you all on my Christmas goings-on this year. My sister was supposed to come over on the 21st, but due to her little doggie breaking its leg the week before, she couldn't come over as she had to look after the poor little mite. My mum however touched down at Heathrow, about 8 hours too late, due to the fog that covered most of the UK that day. Her original flight got cancelled and I thought, here we go, no sister - no mum. But luckily she made it and on the day after (dan fore dan) we started the cooking of our Swedish Christmas dishes. Without my mum I think it would have been an absolute disaster. I could just about have managed the Christmas Ham that I had bought from IKEA (ready-made, ready to eat)

Sooo, Christmas eve arrived, and so did our guests. The table was beautifully set (see previous pictures) and everyone got Glogg and gingerbread biscuits as they arrived.
Peter & Jill, Ross & Lorraine + Lola, Pierce & Louise, Barbac & Clare, Sarah & Barney - it really was a nice mix of people and dinner was a success (well in my eyes anyway).
Sloe Gin all round and lots of pressies afterwards.
Some of my weirdest presents this year must have been the washing-up brush from my mum (don't get me wrong, very useful, but just very...hmm) and the book about Serial Killers from Sarah! Haha, excellent. It really does fascinate me and I started reading the book last night... although I had to put it down after I had read the chapters about animal mutilation and keeping crocodiles as a means for getting rid of body parts...and got on to the chapter called Bath tubs...no I left it at that...I will have to carry on reading in the mornings now. When its nice and light outside...

The rest of the days with my mum were spent either shopping, eating good food, cleaning and fixing things around the house and the last day she was here she was so keen on having a bonfire, so we lit one in the garden and burnt everything we could find that cluttered the place.

So today is New Year's Eve. For once I actually feel incredibly positive about the new year shift. I feel so many changes has taken place in my life the last year and I feel things are on the right track. Have met so many lovely people this year and feel really happy with where I am etc.

We're going to a houseparty, no I guess its more of a flat-party, if that makes a difference.
Sarah & Barney are throwing a party at theirs and about 12 people are going to join them. Should be a good mix of people again. Ellen is coming with us so she can snooze in the spare room. I went shopping yesterday without Ellen, which was a strange experience (nowhere to hang my bags, could go into any shop I felt like without worrying about the pram being too bulky, noone grotting in the changing rooms etc) The sales were on and funnily enough there weren't that many people. So I was zooming round Debenhams having a great time. Found myself a new years dress - with leopard print... Holy moses... but it sound worse than it is. Its a strapless number with a tie-thing under the bust and then it just floats out below the knee. So nooo, its not a footballers wife tight slut-dress. Looking forward to dressing up and will bring my little digital camera to document the evening.

Sooo. That's it for now. Need to get some brekkie down me now as its 10 o'clock and I've been up since 7.

Good day to you!

1 comment:

Towe said...

den där boken låter ju suverän. vem har skrivit den? puss o kram towe