Thursday, July 03, 2008

It helps being a Bitch!


What a morning! Its been such a busy morning with workmen and cleaners rumbling up and down the stairs - one making a mess and the other trying to clean it up!!
Anyway, the carpet was going down nicely in Ellen's new bedroom, when I got a call from the Carpet Showroom. They said they'd only quoted me for the bedroom, not for the stairs and landing...(when in fact the stairs and landing is part of the bedroom, like a little loft thing) and they were now telling me over the phone that to get the rest done it was going to cost me £480!!

But being a grumpy old hormonal bitch these days, I was having none of it, as it was definitely their cock-up and I was not going to pay double the price for an area that's tiny.
So I told them where to go and they rang back 10 minutes later and had chopped the price down to a mininum, which I was happy to pay.

Steve has had his fair share of grumpyness from me, and today it was the carpet company's turn.

Queen Bitch - hormones aren't all bad. They save me money too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bra gjort, man ska inte gå på allt.
Ta och vila nu så att du orkar vaar trevlig med dina besökare i helgen.KRAM,M.