Monday, July 14, 2008

Exhausted

Let me tell you a bad combination - workmen in the house and a tired child!

I have had enough and just want to go to bed myself. My eyes are stinging and I am dizzy with fatigue. We've got a workman in the house sorting out a hole in the ceiling (where Steve almost fell through while moving some boxes in the loft) and he's making a hell of a racket up there. Meanwhile, downstairs, everything is covered in dust and bits of wood and Ellen can't really be let loose anywhere in the house without treading on something dangerous. So we've been watching a DVD all morning and she is now shattered. But because of all the noise she can't sleep. So I am stuck with a very grizzly child, while the house echoes with the banging of a hammer.

I've had quite productive morning though, before the madness began, and done lots of little jobs that I've been putting off forever.

Just had a huge portion of Korv Stroganoff and not sure what to do with myself now.
Please please sleep Ellen...

No comments: