Monday, May 12, 2008

Picnic & friends

Its been a lovely weekend with the perfect weather.
Yesterday my friends Emma & Sofie came down from London to spend the day. We had a little picnic at the top of our garden, consisting of fruitsallad with icecream, biscuits and lemonade. Ellen was busy running around the picnic blanket trying to get the dogs to wear her sunhat. When she succeded in putting the hat on one of them, she couldn't stop laughing.
We then headed back to our house and sat in the courtyard in sunloungers and just chilled. For once I could relax as well, as Ellen was busy getting in and out of her little splash-pool having a wonderful time getting soaked.
Lovely to see E & S and good to catch up!

Last night we had dinner in the pub next door and then did the pub-quiz. Came second. Food was great, had a Grilled Chicken Scewer with Piri-Piri sauce and potato wedges. Super duper. I also had a sneaky half-pint of Strongbow as the weather demanded it. I love a cold cider on a sunny evening.

Having a house clearout today. Ellen has been helping in her own "helpful" way...moving things around...putting little bits into keyholes...scattering my tiny decorative pebbles all over the floor...playing with straws (again aaaall over the floor). I am not sure I am making any progress...
But right now I am off out to the courtyard to clear our some junk and then I'm doin the bathroom.

Poor Steve was called out at 2am to go driving a bus, covering for c2c I believe. He was not too pleased. I don't know how he does it.

Anyway, black binbags await and I've got 1,5 hours before my little gnome wakes up from her nap.

No comments: