Thursday, June 07, 2007

Girls and motors

Good afternoon,

Just been to MOT my car (swedish equivalent of an "besiktning" I guess) and I always feel so stupid and alien as soon as I come into a garage.

The men ask me questions I have no idea what they mean and I just look completely confused.
We ended the conversation with:
- All done for you
- Great, thank you
- It's an oily dog though underneath...
- Oh...is it...?
- Yes, doesn't it leave your driveway oily?
- Ehm...nooo, not that I have noticed. Why is it oily? (stupid stupid girl, don't ask questions...)
- Well its a C series isn't it?
- Ehm...
- A diesel...
- Yes!
- Well we've had a few of these and theres a indent in the CTC filter.
- ...right...
- So you might just wanna keep an eye on that
- ...of course (where the fuck is my CTC filter?)
- Just keep an eye out for the oil levels...
- ...ok...


And then the two guys started gasbagging between the two of them about C-series and oily things and motor stuff...basically...and I really felt like they were talking a different language. Didn't get a word. Ellen looked as puzzled as me, but I think she was just tired from all the engine noises and smoke.

So relieved when they handed back my keys and I could drive off to my safe home, safe from gearboxes and grease.

No comments: