Thursday, June 14, 2007

Get down!

Well well well, don't ever tell me I live a boring life. Last night I went for a walk with the dogs and little Ellen in our garden, well field... I sat down at the top of the field and enjoyed the warm air while the dogs played in the long grass. Suddenly the dogs went absolutely nuts and ran past me barking like nutters. A bloke was walking towards me and when he saw the dogs charging towards him he suddenly stopped and looked rather worried. I held the dogs back and he told me the main road was cordoned off. He said he had parked his car on the other side of the park cause he couldn't get through to his house, due to the police and fire brigade was there cause there was a guy sitting on one of the pylons. So he'd decided to take a short-cut through our garden (the bastard). We could just about see the guy on the pylon in the distance, sitting high up on the electricity pylon and dangling his legs, while holding his head in his hands. He looked like he was about to jump. From the road some of the passers by shouted "encouraging" things to the poor bloke:
-Get down you prick! (I am sure that would make you feel better...)
The power had to be cut to make it safe for him and the rescue-workers who were about to get him down. After about 20 minutes they got a high ladder up to him and got him down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sick people.