Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Absolut Vodka - Vanilla

Good morning,
The little one is asleep, and I am grateful for that! Last night was a bit of a crying-marathon and after 2 hours of high-pitched screaching I'd had enough. I went to our bar and pulled out one of Steve's small vodka bottles (samples of different flavours of Absolut Vodka) from its packaging. I chose Vanilla apparently, couldn't have cared less at the time, I just needed to numb my brain so that the screams would get muted or something.
Ahhhh, so much better. Don't think that did my GI diet any good though. Not sure I am supposed to neck small shots of alcolhol in the evening. Oh well, if it keeps me sane it can only be a good thing.

The cold has finally arrived here as well. Sweden's been bragging with its snow for weeks whereas we've had about 17-18 degrees. Til last night...brrr...its now 7 degrees and the dogs aren't impressed. They jumped into bed with us this morning and burrowed in under the duvet. Only two tails were sticking out.

Had a lovely autumn walk yesterday though: pram, my new grey loooovely long cardigan, my green loooong scarf and my brown hat. Lovely lovely. Walked for about 1 hour just breathing in the cool fresh air.

Today we're off to Bundles & Tumbles, a "mother&baby" meeting in Wickford. Its really good to meet other mums in the area, but I think some of them are from space.
Some women go ever so slightly mad when they have babies and turn into gibbering weirdos who somehow talks through their baby.
One mum held her young baby forwards and said in a baby-voice as if her baby was talking:
- Heelllooooo, I my name is Molly...what's yours?
- Ehmmm, I said, my name is Helena and my daughter here is Ellen.
- *again in the baby voice* Hiiiiii Ellen, wanna play?!
- Ehmmmmmmmmmmmm...
My god, what a freak.
Met some nice women there though, not like freak-woman wearing her jeans up under her armpits. I am sooo glad we didn't call our daughter Molly now like we planned to. Can't stand the name! Had coffee with one of the girlies on Monday, which was great. Just nice to talk to someone who shares the "joys" of motherhood!
So Bundles & Tumbles is my plan for today. Might sneak to the park afterwards and take photos of the colourful trees.

Ah, I can hear scratching in the baby-monitor. Gotta go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello
Go on girl you are on the right way.Enjoy beeing a mum but don´t forget that you are an grown up, that keeps "sitt barnasinne kvar"