Monday, November 03, 2008

Oh dear


Last night it was a struggle to get Ellen to sleep. I brushed her teeth, put her pyjamas on and read her a story as usual. But when I left the room she went absolutely mental and screamed and shouted to come down. I kept my calm and went up to her every 5-10 minutes and simply said: Time for night-night, sweetie-pie
This kept on for about 40 minutes, with her crying and shouting: "Duuuummmy!" or "Doooogggie!" or "Muuuummmy, sick" while she was trying to make herself sick... I wasn't falling for any of it.
She finally started calling out for Daddy who she knows is a soft touch, but Daddy was at the pub, so no luck there either. I then heard a little voice from upstairs saying:
-Oh dear, oh dear.... blood pressure....blood pressure.......oh dear

Hmm...I am not falling for that one!!!

(Her favourite toy at the moment is a doctors kit including a stethoscope, a syringe and a blood pressure monitor...)

No comments: